Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eureka! Blind Pilot



It was a melancholy day in the office. I was bored as usual which means I was probably spamming people on Myspace. The gloomy darkened sky outside matched my ashen heart and a singular tear may or may not have slid down my face and landed on my fancy high tech Wacom mouse pad. All of a sudden, the clouds parted and the sunlight dried my tear as something wonderful began to play from the office iDock. Upon further investigation, I found out that the glorious sound was actually a band called Blind Pilot.

What started out as a two-person project founded by Portland, Oregon natives, Ryan Dobrowski and Israel Nebeker, has now become a nine-piece group. Despite the amount of band members, the music is surprisingly low-fi and peaceful. My personal favorites from their album 3 Rounds and a Sound, are “Oviedo” and “One Red Thread,” but Starbucks seemed to enjoy “The Story I Heard,” and put it on a compilation CD to prove it! Blind Pilot is about as soothing to the ear as Cherry Pepto Bismol is for a stomachache. Trust me.

Blind Pilot- One Red Thread

Blind Pilot's Myspace

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen,

    A very nice site.I wish you a lot of luck and you have my support.I am always looking for new music
    to listen too.And this blog site looks like it'll
    help me find a good listen or 2.I have bookmarked the site and will be checking in.
    I listen to the common Indie stuff on eMusic but this looks like a sub genre of that stuff which is good.

    Once again best of luck and warm wishes.

    Jeff A

    ReplyDelete