Monday, January 28, 2013

This new column asks "Does It Hold Up?"


This is a new column, similar to the "Rediscovering Old Favorites," will be short posts about loved albums from the early 2000s.  In the early 2000s, I fell victim to the pop-punk trend. Bands like Straylight Run, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, etc filled my iPod (actually, I guess my Discman or Mini-Disc player).

I still enjoy TSL, TBS, and BN today. But I started to think of all those other bands that I loved and saw live multiple times during this era.  We are talking bands like The Movielife, Yellowcard, The Starting Line, Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Armor for Sleep. 


All those songs of angsty glory, paired with sing-alongs were perfect for my state of mind (at the time).  But now that I am older (and wiser, maybe) I wonder, was I just under the spell of angst or are the albums really timeless pieces? 


We will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment