Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bands To Keep An Eye On


Band: Walk the Moon
Label: RCA Records
Genre: Indie Rock
Sounds like: The Talking Heads, The Killers, and Ra Ra Riot, with a hint of Vampire Weekend and Dirty Projectors
They hail from: Cincinnati, Ohio
What to expect: You will be kept on your toes as the sound shifts from synth rock to catchy pop. The hormonally charged lyrics send you straight back to those lusty days of high school crushes, as do the occasional yelps of falsetto. It’s fresh, it’s youthful, and it’s fun. 
Fun Fact: “Anna Sun”, Esquire’s 2011 song of the summer was named after lead singer, Petricca’s professor, Anna Xiao Dong Sun.
Standout Tracks: Anna Sun, Quesadilla, I Want! I Want! and William Blake, the sped up chipmunk version of I Want!, I Want!. Some things just sound better chipmunked.
 ”My eyes are on the road/ But my mind is on your body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment